Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Tyler 10K


Well, my most recent LTE was the Tyler 10K. Every year a small city near the Honor Academy, Tyler holds a 10K race. It is 6.2 miles. For the last several weeks, the internship has been training for us to run the race. We finally had it last Saturday. I always told myself that I would never do something like that, but now look where I am! It was actually a lot cooler than I thought it would be. My main goal was to run the entire race without stopping. I did it! It was really exciting. I ran with my friend Maria the whole way. The route that we ran was really cool, because it was a historical neighborhood full of really nice houses and sceneray. That defintely made the run a bit more entertaining. Well, I was proud that I finished the race and without stopping. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do it because during the previous two weeks, I had not been able to join in coporate exericise becuase I was sick. However, God gave me strength to run the race and I did. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and I'm really glad I had the opportunity to do it.

These are pictures of Maria and I after the race. We ran together and then went and ate good food. yum....


3 comments:

Stephanie Hawn said...

awww...heather i love you ....good job!!! that's is really amazing!!

Stephanie Hawn said...

and you know what GOD didn't want me to go to atf either...so i'm kinda glad that you didn't go...cuz i would have missed u to much especially if you were only like 50 miles away and i couldn't see you....i went to my church's Bible Training Institute Explosion Day and i won 3 free classes!!! i'm glad GOD knows what he is doing....in both our lives! i love you and i'm praying for you! bye sis :) keep on keepin' on in the LORD...no matter what don't give up in HIM

golden_blaze said...

boy oh boy, heather. you don't even know...