Sunday, March 25, 2007

ATF in Muncie, Indiana

As ya'll should know, I have been calling for the Acquire the Fire youth event in Muncie, Indiana, since I have arrived. I have talked with several youth pastors numerous times and have had a chance to develop relationships with them. It has been amazing to encourage them, pray for them and their ministry, instill hope, give new ideas, and wisdom as we have talked over the phones. Well, last weekend all of my hard work finally paid off. At the beginning of the year it was expected that this event would pull about 5,000 people. During the year my call team has had to face one person leaving because of a dismissal, another leaving because of finances, another have to take an extended break because of a death in the family, and the other two having to carry the brunt of the work while dealing with their own issues here and at home. Some of our work days have been long and grueling. However, God blessed our team immensely for our work. On nearly every registration deadline, we had about 800 people register for an event in one day. The Lord also blessed our team in other various ways. Then at the ATF event, we brought in about 6,000 young people; 1,000 more than expected!! It was an amazing event! God moved in the lives of the people there. I was able to meet some of the youth pastors that I have been speaking to for so long. It was a blessing to do so. The thee of us that were left on the team at the event had the chance to go into the arena and see it begin. It was one of the happiest and most life changing moments for me. I was able to see the fruit of my labor as well as the goodness of the Lord. Thousands of young people began pouring out their hearts to God in worship as His presence fell upon the arena. During the event, I also had the chance of being a part of the alter calls. It was amazing to kneel at the front of the arena and then seend thousands of young people jump from their seats and run down to seek the face of God. I was able to pray over them and for them and witness first hand young people crying, praying, and pouring our their hearts to the Lord. There was a group of 4 young girls I saw crying during the alter call. After seeking the Lord for a moment, I went over to them and asked if I could pray for them. I laid hands on them and prayed over them what I felt the Lord was laying on my heart. As I was praying they began to weep before the Lord. It was an amazing time of ministry. Thousands of lives were changed at this event. I still cannot believe the goodness and power of God. It is because of what all of you have done for me over the past months that this happened. Your prayers and support have changed and sowed seeds into the lives of 6,000 people. Thank you.

This is my team. We call ourselves the Muncie Monkeys which I think you can see why...


This is a picture of the actual event.


I even got to have some my family come and visit me at the event!!

No comments: