Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Little "Road Trip"

Well, on the way back from my ATF event in Muncie, a group of us had decided to take a little trip on our way back to Texas! Instead of riding the extremely uncomfortable school bus (all the charter buses had broken down the week before) we rode in our own car and took two days to drive back to Teen Mania. On the way down, we stopped in Memphis to do a little touring. It was quite interesting. The first part was us arriving at the hotel. It was a really weird hotel. It seemed like it was going to be really nice on the outside and in the lobby, but it wasn't. This was the fanciest ghetto hotel ever. It was so weird. The service was not the best, we had the strangest sink in the world, the mirrors were screwed on crooked.... it was an adventure. Anyway, the next day we stopped to visit Graceland! Yes, we went to see good old Elvis. Actually, we never did get to see his actual house because it cost $25 and as interns, we don't have that kind of money. We looked around at some other things though, so that was fun. After that, we went to the National Civil Rights Museum. I got to see the place where Martin Luther King Jr. died. It was a really cool museum. It was really interesting seeing the history as well as all the different ideas and evidence of King Jr.'s death. I felt like I was in the movie Elizabethtown. I don't know if ya'll have seen it, but I have now been to two of the places that are in that movie. It's exciting... After the museum, we got back in the car and headed back to campus. The trip was really fun and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to do it.

There were a lot of mirriors at Graceland, and ya'll know how I love mirrors...


I'm as cool as Elvis was!


That is where Martin Luther King Jr. was assisnated. We couldn't take our cameras into the builiding, so these were the only pictures I got.


No comments: