Saturday, September 02, 2006

Driving to Colorado

Well, hello family! How are all of you? This is a post about my trip to Colorado. I'm going to post it in different sections so that you can easily stop and come back to it. It may be rather long, but I hope that you enjoy!

It all began Thursday, when we left Honor Academy (HA) at 8:00. We all loaded the buses and drove for about 18 hours to our camp site. I was really afraid that the drive was going to be really boring because I didn't know anyone on the bus. Thankfully, I met a lot of great new friends, talked with them, joked around, and played mafia. We had a great time!
This is a picutre of Sharon and I making funny faces on the bus.

These two crazy people are Rosemary (on the left) and Jane.
This crazy dude is Toby. He is a lot of fun. All of you would not believe how much he is like Jason! It is so weird! He is actually from Colorado, so he gave us all of the tips that we would need while climbing the mountain.
Anyway, so we drove and drove entertaining ourselves in the strangest of ways. We seemed to stop a lot on the way. Our bus always seemed to be the last to arrive anywhere! While we were driving I took a nap because I was so tired from not sleeping the night before. (You cannot understand how hard it is to sleep on some of their busses!) Then I woke up and I was surrounded by cliffs! It was crazy! Then I got really picture happy. It's a good thing that I had a digital camera! Here is one picture I took from the bus. I thought this was beautiful, but I would later discover I was wrong.

We finally arrived in the Rocky Mountains at Estes Park. Heather Hall and I got a tent and found a group of girls to room with us. Never have I seen such clueless girls about how to set up a tent! It was rather strange. The view outside our tent was gorgeous! Everything about the park was absolutely amazing! We had finally arrived in Colorado!

No comments: