Monday, November 13, 2006

ATF Calling

Well, I decided that I should take a moment to tell you about my ATF calling experience. Basically, God is simply amazing. I love making calls to youth pastors about my event. God is so good. It is so awesome being able to talk with youth pastors about what they are doing, get excited with them, get them excited about ATF, encourage them, speak into their lives, and pray with them. I have had so many amazing stories. Last Friday was a good story. I have been calling about 20-25 youth pastors about the Battle Cry Leadership Summit that they went to. I have been calling them for about 3 weeks now and I still haven't gotten a hold of them. I have been calling them every day for the last week. It has been very frustrating that I haven't gotten a hold of them. Anyway, so on Friday I sat down at my desk and I was like, "This is ridculous. I have got to get a hold of these people because they are suppossed to be very excited about ATF and commit to attend. Lord, I pray...." So I sat prayed out loud for about 5 minutes. Then I continued to pray out loud as I began to call. Then I realized that I first had to make a follow up call for a guy not on my list that I had called the week before. I called him up, but he said that he had to leave right then for a doctor's appointment, but that he wants to talk to me about ATF. I asked him if he was going to go. Then he said of course he was. They go every year. He wants to double his youth group so he will commit to bring 40 people. Then we said good bye and I hung up. It was the fastest commit that I ever got! I was very excited to say the least. Anyway, so then I began praying again for the people that I had to call. I prayed specefically for people as I called them. It was amazing! I got a hold of a bunch of people! I was able to have really good conversations with them. God used me in their lives it was incredible. I prayed with them, encouraged them, heard their testimonies, and got them excited about ATF. The calls were totally annointed by God. It was hard core. God is amazing. I made five commmits in one morning!! FIVE!!!! Do you realize how good that is?!?!! It's close to a record!! God is sssssoooo good and sssssooo faithful. I love the Lord. He rocks my socks!!!!

3 comments:

IronPillar18 said...

lol. thanks dude. I'll have to post another one of my favorite ATF calling stories. It's pretty sweet. Actually, it AMAZING! anyway, i love you lots!

Stephanie Hawn said...

that's SWEET! but i do like the other story better....the one you told me on the phone....that one was kool! so i've been praying for you....hope things are going well....and that you have a great thanksgiving....
service day was yesterday it was pretty fun....we raked some leaves and drank hot chocolate....

ok briana she sat down and then spilled a little and got up and got a napkin then she sat back down and spilled a lot....it was sooo hilarious!!!

so i'll cya ya soon sis love ya and praying for ya bye

IronPillar18 said...

I'm glad that service day went well. Those things are always very.....interesting. Whee was is that you went? Did you go to Mason?

Thanks for praying for me. Calling has been going really well lately. Which story was it that I told you on the phone? I actually have another pretty cool one too. Maybe I'll post that one sometime soon.